Vessels over age of 25 years
In case vessel’s age is about 25 years, Suez Canal engineers will inspect vessel’s body and machine. If the body and machine are in a good condition, the vessel will transit without the need of the Escort Tug (of USD 22000 X SDR prices at the date of Transit ). While if NOT, the vessel will be allowed to transit Suez Canal only with one or two Escorts Tug/s ( this costs is NOT included in the D/A ). Sea trial costing USD 2000 will be arranged prior vessel transit.
Extra certificates required for Suez Canal transiting vessels with age exceeding 25 years :
- Certificate of class (including Hull and Machinery Certificate) (VALID UNIL).
- International Load Line Certificate ( VALID UNTIL).
- Cargo ship safety construction certificate ( VALID UNTIL ).
- Cargo ship safety equipment certificate ( VALID UNTIL ).
- International safety management certificate ( VALID UNTIL ).
- International ship security certificate ( VALID UNTIL ).
- International oil pollution prevention ( VALID UNTIL ).
- Last class status report.
- Last port state control inspection report.
First Time Transit
Prior Vessel’s transit, Suez Canal engineers / inspectors will attend the vessel for inspection / collecting of below mentioned plans for the purpose of calculating / issuance of vessel’s SC NRT which will be the base of calculating this 1st transit voyage ( in Final D/A with SC original Invoice figure ) and further vessel’s voyages of Suez Canal transit.
-Please note: SC NRT figure will be issued by Suez Canal measurement department within 4 – 5 weeks of vessel’s sailing when the original plans will be ready to be released to the agent for further dispatch / delivery to owners / vessel.
-Enabling SC inspectors / measures to provide accurate SC NRT figure, Owners/Master should revert whether Suez Canal Tonnage Certificate is issued by vessel’s Class ( it is NOT essential for transiting the canal but availability of the certificate will enhance better estimation to SC NRT figure at Suez Canal records ).
-Below, the ORIGINAL plans which will be collected by Suez Canal inspector prior transit (which will be used for calculating vessel’s SC NRT figure ) :
- Original General Arrangement
- Original Arrangement in Engine Room
- Original Capacity Plan
-HOWEVER , owners can provide a COPY of the above plans to be collected instead of the originals conditioned availability of CLEAR copies at the SAME SIZE of the Originals (Subject to Suez Canal Inspector opinion).
-Sea trial costing usd 2000 will be arranged prior vessel transit. Sea trial will be arranged in case of the following:
- Changed name + flag
- Vessel is transiting Suez Canal for the first time
- Vessel transited the Suez Canal for more than 10 years in the past